Saturday, April 11, 2009

Geo Tracks – 2009 Apr 11

I spend a lot of time in the car each week.  This car, specifically (91 Geo Metro… 47 mpg!):

geo

I’m going to start linking to what I’m listening to during the commute each week (if I think they are worth sharing).  I’ll tag them “Geo Tracks”:

.NET Rocks #433: Phil Haack on ASP.NET MVC RTM!! Good explanation of MVC, and Supervising Controller / Passive Controller (MVP) models.

.NET Rocks #421: Derik Whittaker on nHibernate Good talk about use cases for nHibernate… but the best part of this show was Richard Campbell’s call out to the IT community (52:40) that the default monitor configuration for a developer should be 4960 by 1600 (30” in the middle, bookended by two 20” screens in portrait mode).  Yes please.

Stack Overflow Podcast #43 Joel and Jeff discuss how to handle incompetent programmers, among other things.  Specific other things include Joel whining about the service he receives everywhere he travels… It is getting more difficult to finish these each time I listen to this podcast, but I don’t think I’ll give up yet.  I was really impressed with the Podcast site.  First time I’ve visited, since I always update through iTunes.  They really keep good show notes and are liberal with the links to resources.

Francis Chan – 3/22/09 Living a Life that Matters Series: “Living with Joy” If you have never heard Francis speak, get ready to be convicted and changed.  Rejoice in the Lord… it is a command!

Scientific American PodcastIn Search of Time Journalist and writer Dan Falk talks about his new book In Search of Time, about the cultural, physical and psychological aspects of the mysterious ticking clocks all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment