Friday, January 28, 2011

January sum-up

No code in this post... My wife bought me some books and I've been enjoying them late into our January nights, thanks in part to a chest cold that doesn't like when I lay down.

Inspiring story of an ex-sharecropper turned homeless, and how his path crosses someone who listens to God and acts on what she hears.

The story of Brother Andrew's ministry bringing contraband bibles behind the Iron Curtain. Andrew also listens carefully, and acts... seeing a theme here.

Very revealing picture of life in the middle of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Engaging, interesting... filled with perspectives that were new to me.

Steve Martin's auto-biography of his stand-up comedy years. Interesting, funny, revealing story about making it as a comic. (Ok, I bought this one for my wife then borrowed it.)





No comments:

Post a Comment