Thursday, June 11, 2009

Geo Tracks – 2009 May 30

(published this a bit after the fact… big deadline at work was cramping my style!)

Elegant Code Cast 23 – Jeremy Miller on the StructureMap IOC tool for .Net, FubuMVC, JQuery, etc.  I’m not a big IOC user (or understander, for that matter)… but I’ll file this away for the future – Jeremy states that an IOC tool helps us construct applications using composition of objects vs. inheritance.

Hanselminutes 162 – Powershell 2.0.  I love my command shell in Windows XP… and it sounds like Powershell, which is built in to Windows 7, is definitely something to learn at some point.

StackOverflow Podcast #54 – Bespoke software development (a.k.a. bidding for jobs vs. creating a new product), the “God” algorithm (the one that just knows the correct answer in one operation), URL routing (and the snafus available when URLs conflict with data… eg. a user with username “username”).

God is Strong, Am I? – Francis Chan from May 10, 2009.  Let’s live by the Spirit people… why do we go through life afraid or weak or ambivalent when the One who made everything dwells in us?

No comments:

Post a Comment